Sunday 12 May 2013

Natures Hidden Treasures An Exploration


So this marks the start of  a new project which will also be my final project marking the end of my jewellery and applied arts foundation degree.

I am planning to focus the project on some of the areas that I find interesting and that will also challenge me as an artist. Colour and texture will be a major focus for research and sample making which has been something I have shied away from when creating final products in previous projects. The theme will be based upon seed pods in nature as they really intrigue me with all the hidden seeds they hold and the surface textures and colours.

I have added a few photographs of some of the experimentation that I have done so far with much more experimentation to follow.

Make sure to pop back soon and see how things are developing and feel free to follow and like my facebook page Stephanie Orman Jewellery for regular updates too

A photograph of quick sketches of cocoa seed pod shapes from my sketchbook.
Paint and ink was used together to create the detail after using a handmade stamp.
Stephanie Orman.
A photograph of quick sketches of cocoa seed pod shapes from my sketchbook.
Paint and masking fluid was used together to create the detail and then rubbed away.
Stephanie Orman.
A photograph of quick sketches of cocoa seed pod shapes from my sketchbook.
Paint and ink was used together to create the detail on top of thick card that was cut into shape.
Stephanie Orman.

Remember you can follow this blog page for regular updates, follow the facebook page Stephanie Orman Jewellery and also keep updated via the website StephanieOrman

No comments:

Post a Comment